On 11/14/06, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Matt Mahoney wrote:
>> Models that are simple enough to debug are too simple to scale.
>> The contents of a knowledge base for AGI will be beyond our ability to
comprehend.

    Given sufficient time, anything should be able to be understood and
debugged.  Size alone does not make something incomprehensible and I defy
you to point at *anything* that is truly incomprehensible to a smart human
(for any reason other than we lack knowledge on it).

He did, in the post that you were replying to.  The paper linked to
used SVD on a large corpus to produce vectors measuring the similarity
between similarities between pairs of words.  You cannot look at those
vectors and understand them.