On 11/29/06, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I defy you to show me *any* black-box method that has predictive power
outside the bounds of it's training set.  All that the black-box methods are
doing is curve-fitting.  If you give them enough variables they can brute
force solutions through what is effectively case-based/nearest-neighbor
reasoning but that is *not* intelligence.  You and they can't build upon
that.

If you look into the literature of the past 20 years, you will easily
find several thousand examples.