On 1/13/07, Bob Mottram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Actually it doesn't matter what convention you use.  You could simply have
an entry box on the screen, with a prompt saying "please type a short
statement that you believe to be either true or false".  Some parsing can do
the rest.  To avoid getting too verbose simply restrict the maximum number
of words which may be used in the sentence.

The key point about Mindpixel is the cross validation, to calculate a
probability or "coherence" value, with the ultimate aim of mapping out an
average human belief system - something which has never really been done
before.

This answers my question about the comparison with Cyc. It's been
awhile since I read up on Mindpixel and now it's coming back to me.

If Mindpixel does get revived I think it should be an open source project,
with the results available to everyone.  The idea of doing this on a
commercial basis with the issuing of shares turned out not to be viable.
This kind of effort is a long term thing, unlikely to return profits for
shareholders within a few years.

Shares aren't the only means to structure a business. One possibility
is revenue and/or profit sharing based on a formula embedded in a
contract. We could probably think of more ways if we spent the time.
Although I admit I believe all of them will be complex.

-Chuck