Correction: Needed to add "[the idea that]" below.
- Jef

Got it.

I understand it, Jef. But do you? The principle of indifference
is not derived from or implied in any way by De Finetti
coherency. De Finetti had no use for the idea. Neither do I.

That's like saying you have no use for [the idea that] a balance scale
reads zero when both pans are empty.

Your beef is not just with me; it is with Bruno De Finetti and Frank P. Ramsey and their modern followers in the subjectivist school of probability theory, most of whom call themselves subjective bayesians.

At the risk of mixing metaphors:

A subjectivist has no use for the idea of an empty scale no matter how it might balance, because after all there is nothing there to weigh.

-gts