On 2/18/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
personal toolbox).  The programmers who are ending up out of work are the
ones who keep re-inventing the wheel over and over again.

Thinking about the amount of redundant (wasted) effort involved with
starting from scratch on an AI project, I considered an old adage and
modified it:

If you are not standing on the shoulders of giants, you are likely to
be trampled by them.

.. though I guess in the case of AGI, even giants have only taken a
few tentative steps