> I think you slightly underestimate the difficulty of creating AGI ;)

I think that you grossly underestimate the magnitude of what is being proposed
because the tag "development environment" has been attached to it.    :-)

Realistically, the "development environment" is both the AGI's DNA *and* it's
womb/environment/nutrients.

> I'm still curious about what advantages you see commercial database systems
> having for AI work?

An AGI is going to want to store, retrieve, and update an immense amount of
data and knowledge based upon a wide array of criteria.  Many, many really
smart people have spent many, many man-years designing heavy-duty,
fault-tolerant systems that do exactly that (with many other capabilities
besides -- you know, little things like triggers, back-up, set-based
operations, etc., etc.).  What possible advantage do you see in not leveraging
all that capability?

Note that I'm not talking about a stupid architecture where you hammer yourself
flat with nine million, small database calls.  I block move chunks of data in
and out and would move anything that uses more than a certain amount of data
into the database itself and operate on it there.