Bob Mottram wrote:

What attracted me about the DP method was that it's less ad-hoc than landmark based systems, but the most attractive feature is of course the linear scaling which is really essential when dealing with large amounts of data.
Yeah...

In other contexts, we have paid a lot of attention to funky indexing/updating methods in Novamente, as they are critical to managing large amounts of data in real-time. I like the idea of exploiting the biased statistics of actual changes to the grid in real situations, in order to avoid the overhead of constantly doing whole-grid-replacement updates... Qualitatively this seems like the sort of thing the brain must be doing, and the kind of thing any AI system must do to cope with a rapidly changing environment...

Ben