How does the new phenomenon of web-based collaboration change the way we
build an AGI?  I feel that something is amiss in a business model if we
don't make use of some form of "Web 2.0".

I think rooftop8000 is on the right track by thinking this way, but he may
not have it figured out yet.

Obviously, commonsense knowledge (ie KB contents) can be acquired from the
internet community.  But what about the "core"?  Can we build it using
web-collaboration too?

One of my strong conviction is that opensource should be combined with
commercial.  That will result in the most productive and satisfying
organization, IMO.

Suppose we opensource an AGI codebase, so people can contribute by adding to
/ modifying it.  Then we should have a way to "measure" the contribution's
value and reward the contributor accordingly.  What we need is:

1. a way to decide which contributions to accept (by voting?)
2. a way to measure the *value* of each contribution (perhaps voting as
well)

A problem is that we cannot take universal ballots every time on every
trivial issue.  So probably we need a special adminstrative committee for
decision-making.

This idea is worth trying because it may cut down on development costs.

YKY