  From: Eric B. Ramsay
  To: agi@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 2:15 PM
  Subject: [agi] Sony's QRIO robot

  In reading about Sony's QRIO robot I came across the following. What would
this behaviour be categorized as in the continuum from thermostat to human
(following a previous thread)? :

  "Interestingly, when they're doing demonstrations, they have found that the
AI in QRIO is so strong that if you haven't been friendly with it before hand,
for examples, by not kicking back a football it kicks to you, it will refuse to
do what you ask it in the demonstration. Effectively it is expressing its
annoyance...."

15:23