  From: Benjamin Goertzel
  To: agi@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 3:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [agi] Sony's QRIO robot

  Hi Mike,

  Yeah, this is a well known requirement ;-)

  In studying the MMOG application area for early-stage AGI's, the observation
has been made that, in current MMOG's, one of the big weaknesses of NPCs (non
player characters) is their inability to work together (with each other or
humans) as a team in adequately subtle and complicated ways.

  For instance in World of Warcraft, an individual NPC can emulate an
individual human player, much better than a team of NPCs can emulate a team of
human players.

  -- BenG