So far as I know, Kurzweil never made a serious effort to create AGI.

Minsky did, but he made some serious conceptual errors, in spite of his
obvious brilliance...

-- Ben G

On 4/27/07, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--- Benjamin Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Has anyone noticed that people who have studied AGI all their lives,
like
> > Kurzweil and Minsky, aren't trying to build one?
> >

> > -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> I don't get it ... some of us who have studied AGI all our lives ARE
trying
> to build one...

I bet they tried too...  It just took them a couple of decades to figure
out
it was waaaaaay harder than they first thought...

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;