I find that "freedom" is one of those folk-psychology/philosophy concepts
that isn't really much use for scientific and engineering thinking about
either
human or machine intelligence...

As for concentration, this gets into what I call "attention allocation" --
an
area we've paid a lot of attention to in the Novamente design.  I believe
an AGI should be able to adaptively combine the concentrative focus
of current specialized software programs with the creativity-inducing,
associatively and contextually digressive nature of human attention.

-- Ben