I may be coming in from left field and haven't read a lot of these
discussions on defining intelligence, but defining intelligence verbally,
yes, it can have numerous descriptions and arguments.  But I need something
concrete and measurable in the form of an equation.  Is that too much to ask
for?  I mean that's how it usually works right?

Intelligence - we're talking about storing and flipping bits -
minimalistically that's it.  How many variables will it take to come up with
an equation?  6?  7?  Some of the variables are specific and some may be
general.  One may be a measurement of complexity, one a vector set including
a generalized description of goals?, I don't know...another a KR?  Either
way there are just a few variables going on here and someone needs to
propose a few candidate equations for review.  Perhaps there are some in
:).

John