Different people have different ways of communicating.  Many Murray posts
are sprinkled with annoyances but then they do have some intelligence and
wisdom.  They remind me of a W. C. Fields like way of speaking with some
Snake Oil salesmanship.  Actual Snake Oil BTW can be good for certain things
but fake Snake Oil is fake, hence the reputation.  More generally speaking I
have found from my experience that some of the worst communicators have the
most to say and some of the best communicators, the least.  Not to say
Murray is a "bad" communicator, but we have grown accustomed to
marginalizing people who break the mold thus minimizing the variances of
personalities.  Part of this is due to a "franchised-like" educational
system that has existed for several decades.  Our personality pool is
diminishing due to efficiency rewardsmanship.  Also things like dialects,
language variations, cultural variations, etc. are evening out, we are
becoming an optimized, homogenized society.  Will AGI's follow the same
trend and have minimal personality variations and maximal text-book style
efficiency of communication?  Sometimes breaking the mold of expressing
oneself can have maximal effect of conveying an idea or ideas.  I'm reminded
of once taking a class where the instructor spoke very fast on purpose like
an auctioneer.  Some students immediately "freaked" because it was abnormal
but the theory was explained and it did work as intended where there was a
very high transfer rate of information and rapid two-way communication.
Computers, esp. AGI's could experiment intentionally with different twists
on language perhaps finding new and better ways of communicating.

John

Personally, I find many of his posts highly entertaining...

If your sense of humor differs, you can always use the DEL key ;-)

-- Ben G