On 6/1/07, YKY (Yan King Yin) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Software patents are good in the software field in the same way that
engineering patents are good in the engineering field.  My argument is that
the situations are analogous.  You have not demonstrated a qualitative
difference as to why software patents should be treated as a special case.

For the fourth time, I repeat that I make no claim that software patents
should be treated as a special case - nor that they should not be. I don't
comment either way, because I freely admit I lack the knowledge to do so. I
comment only on the industry that I know about.

Speaking of which - are you, or have you ever been, a professional hardware
engineer? If so, then I will attach some weight to your claim that patents
are good in hardware engineering.

That seems to be a bit exaggerated:  I don't think my AGI design infringes
on many patents

If you ever get to the point of having an implementation or detailed design,
and if you check carefully, you'll find it infringes on a great many patents
indeed.