Josh:
Most AI (including a lot of what gets talked about here) is the equivalent of
trying to implement the mail-reader directly in machine code (or transistors, for connectionists). Why people can't get the notion that the brain is going to be at least as ontologically deep as a desktop GUI is beyond me, but it's
pretty much universal.

Josh,

Are you talking about levels of instruction (about how to handle the data) or levels of representation - that are ignored by AI? (As you may remember, I'm interested in the latter, and believe the brain processes info. simultaneously on at least 3 levels of abstractness/ concreteness).

And what for you is the worst example of AI ignoring these levels of abstraction?