On 9/30/07, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > The motivational system of some types of AI (the types you would
>  > classify as tainted by complexity) can be made so reliable that the
>  > likelihood of them becoming unfriendly would be similar to the
>  > likelihood of the molecules of an Ideal Gas suddenly deciding to
>  > split into two groups and head for opposite ends of their container.

Richard, in the context of the foregoing, I'd like to know your
thoughts on the effective differences between a powerful entity being
"nice" like a friend versus doing the "right" thing in the bigger
picture, much like a parent doing what they perceive best despite
screams of pain and protest from their children.

- Jef