From: J Storrs Hall, PhD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:08 PM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [agi] "symbol grounding" Q&A

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 03:24:07 pm, Edward W. Porter wrote:

> AS I SAID ABOVE, I AM THINKING OF LARGE COMPLEX WEBS OF COMPOSITIONAL
> AND GENERALIZATIONAL HIERARCHIES, ASSOCIATIONS, EPISODIC EXPERIENCES,
> ETC, OF SUFFICIENT COMPLEXITY AND DEPTH TO REPRESENT THE EQUIVALENT OF
> HUMAN WORLD KNOWLEDGE.
>
> SO, IS THAT WHAT YOU MEAN BY “STRUCTURES?

What do these webs of associations *do*? Are they like sentences in a
book,
waiting for some homunculus to read them, or are they like components in a

circuit, an active machine and not just a static picture? If components,
how
do you specify what their functions are?

Josh

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;