Jef,

The following is a direct cut and paste from you Fri 11/9/2007 2:46 PM
post to which I was responding in my Fri 11/9/2007 5:26 PM post, which you
unjustly flame in the email below.

======start of cut and paste from Jef’s email===========
> > MY COMMENT>>>> At Dragon System, then one of the world's leading
> > speech recognition companies, I was repeatedly told by our in-house
> > PhD in statistics that "likelihood" is the measure of a hypothesis
> > matching, or being supported by, evidence.  Dragon selected speech
> > recognition word candidates based on the likelihood that the
> > probability distribution of their model matched the acoustic
> > evidence provided by an event, i.e., a spoken utterance.
>
> If you said Dragon selected word candidates based on their probability
> distribution relative to the likelihood function supported by the
> evidence provided by acoustic events I'd be with you there.  As it is,
> when you say "based on the likelihood that the probability..." it
> seems you are confusing the subjective with the objective and, for me,
> meaning goes out the door.

Edward,  can you explain what you might have meant by "based on the
likelihood that the probability..."?
======end of cut and paste from Jef’s email===========

The last sentence in this cut and paste is the one you have just denied
making in the below email, word for word, character for character.  This
stuff is on the list so other people can check it.

So if you are going to make such obviously and easily provably falsehoods
and go into a tizzy again, I guess there really is no point continuing
this conversation.

Ed Porter