Richard Loosemore writes:> Okay, let me try this.> > Imagine that we got a
bunch of computers [...]

Thanks for taking the time to write that out.  I think it's the most
understandable version of your argument that you have written yet.  Put it on
the web somewhere and link to it whenever the issue comes up again in the
future.

If you are right, you may have to resort to "told you so" when other projects
fail to produce the desired emergent intelligence.  No matter what you do,
system builders can and do and will say that either their system is probably
not heavily impacted by the issue, or that the issue itself is overstated for
AGI development, and I doubt that most will be convinced otherwise.  By making
such a clear exposition, at least the issue is out there for people to think
about.

I have no position myself on whether Novamente (for example) is likely to be
slain by its own complexity, but it is interesting to ponder.