AM:Human: Is there a God?
Supercomputer: Now there is.

Can you explain to me how an AGI or supercomputer could be God? I'd just like to understand (& not argue) - you see, the thought has never occurred to me, and still doesn't. I can imagine a sci-fi scenario where a supercomputer might be v. powerful - for argument's sake, controlling the internet or the the world's power supplies. But it's still quite a leap from that to a supercomputer being God. And yet it is clearly a leap that a large number here have no problem making. So I'd merely like to understand how you guys make this leap/connection - irrespective of whether it's logical or justified - & understand the scenarios in your minds.