John G. Rose wrote:

If you took an AGI, before it went singulatarinistic[sic?] and tortured it…. a lot, ripping into it in every conceivable hellish way, do you think at some point it would start praying somehow? I’m not talking about a forced conversion medieval style, I’m just talking hypothetically if it would “look” for some god to come and save it. Perhaps delusionally it may create something…

John

There are many different potential architectures that would yield an AGI, and each has different characteristic modes. Some of them would react as you are supposing, others wouldn't. Whether it reacts that way partially depends on whether it was designed to be a pack animal with an Alpha pack leader that it was submissive to as expected protection from. If it was, then it might well react as you have described. If not, then it's hard to see why it would react in that way, but I suppose that there might be other design decisions that would produce an equivalent effect in that situation.