----- Original Message ----
From: YKY (Yan King Yin) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:41:10 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] NL interface

 On 12/21/07, Stephen Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi YKY,
>
> I hope that by this time next year the Texai project will have a robust
> English parser suitable for your project.  I am working in collaboration with
> the Air Force Research Laboratory's Synthetic Teammate Project
> http://texai.org/blog/2007/12/13/collaboration-initiated-with-the-synthetic-teammate-project/
>
> Our work will be licensed GPL.

 Some questions:

  1.  does it output logical formulae?

Yes, here is my initial use case "the block is on the table" ===>

extracted meanings:

(<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/equals> ?obj-20 ?obj-18)
(<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/equals> ?obj-5 ?obj-3)
(<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/properSubSituations> ?situation-localized-11
?on-situation-localized-15)
(<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/situationConstituents>
?situation-localized-11 ?obj-3)
(<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?obj-18
PreviouslyIntroducedInThisDiscourse)
(<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?obj-20
<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/Table>)
(<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?obj-3
PreviouslyIntroducedInThisDiscourse)
(<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?obj-5
<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/Book>)
(<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?on-situation-localized-15
On_SituationLocalized)
(<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type> ?situation-localized-11
<http://sw.cyc.com/2006/07/27/cyc/Situation-Localized>)
(aboveObject ?on-situation-localized-15 ?obj5)
(belowObject ?on-situation-localized-15 ?obj-20)
(fcgDiscourse-role ?obj-20 external)
(fcgDiscourse-role ?obj-5 external)
(fcgStatus ?obj-20 single-object)
(fcgStatus ?obj-5 single-object)

The above propositions have terms expressed in RDF, but are presented in the
lispy fashion desired by the original Fluid Construction Grammar implementers.
PreviouslyIntroducedInThisDiscourse).  This grammar is reversible.  My next
task is to generate the expected sentence given these meaning axioms as input.

2.  is it interactive?

Yes, my system will be dialog from the start, and Jabber compatible.

 3.  can it be used as a library (preferably under LGPL)?

For your needs, I will dual license it - LGPL for you, GPL otherwise.
Understand that I may include third-party Java GPL components that you will
have to deal with.  Because one is not allowed simply to load a GPL class file
into a VM running an LGPL application that you have  published, the current
practice is to proxy the GPL Java library with a server running in a separate
VM and messaging somehow to it.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed
Artificial Intelligence Researcher