The semantics of Texai dialog system will be based upon the vocabulary of
OpenCyc, but not upon the OpenCyc executable (which is free to use, but not
open source).   I have extracted all the OpenCyc content that  is directly
compatible with OpenCyc and  released  it  at  SourceForge:

http://sf.net/projects/texai

See the files in the open-cyc-rdf package.  The TriG-formatted file contains
context, which is a new feature of RDF.  I persist the OpenCyc content in a
Sesame 2 RDF store using the RDF Entity Manager that I wrote this year.  I plan
to connect this with OpenCog, when Ben designs a suitable RDF/SPARQL interface
to the compatible Atoms in OpenCog.

I believe that you could develop your system using the Texai dialog system
without using the full OpenCyc derived vocabulary.   Just a very small portion
might work for the limited scope that you described.

I'll have much more to say about the dialog system in the months to come.  I
have only just completed the first use case of parsing text into logic.  Next
task is to generate the same text from the logical input.

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed
Artificial Intelligence Researcher
http://texai.org/blog