--- Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I note also that a web-surfing AGI could resolve the color of the moon
> quite easily by analyzing online pictures -- though this isn't pure
> text mining, it's in the same spirit...

Not really.  You can get a better answer to "what color is the moon?" if you
google "what color is the moon?".  Better, but not definitive.  Even the
photos are not in agreement.  Some photos show a mix of orange and blue.  If
you stood on the moon, it would look black next to your feet, but white in
contrast to the even darker sky.  During tonight's eclipse, it should look
reddish brown.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]