> Using informal words, how would you describe the metaphysics or
> biases currently encoded into the Novamente system?
>
> /Robert Wensman

This is a good question, and unfortunately I don't have a
systematic answer.  Biases are encoded in many different
aspects of the design, e.g.

-- the knowledge representation

-- the heuristics within the inference rules (e.g. for temporal
and spatial inference)

-- the set of predicates and procedures provided as primitives for
automated program learning

-- various specializations in the architecture (e.g. the use of
specialized SpaceServer and TimeServer objects to allow efficient
indexing of entities by space and time)

and we haven't made an effort to go through and systematize the
conceptual biases implicit in the detailed design of all the different
parts of the system, although there are plenty of important biases
there....

sorry for the unsatisfying answer but it would take me a couple days
of analysis to give you a real answer, and other priorities beckon...

-- Ben G