On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 11:30 PM, YKY (Yan King Yin)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you explain a bit more, your terms are too vague.  I think statistical
> learning and logical learning are fundamentally quite different.  I'd be
> interested in some hybrid approach, if it exists.

Bayesian logic becomes something like Aristotelian logic when
probability tends to 1. If statistical learning observes a perfect
regularity, it forms a strong link, and classification becomes logical
inference. Classification is performed in time, so that act of
classification is an event that takes place after the events that were
classified, and logical inference becomes a deterministic algorithm.
These algorithms build up and help in learning other regularities and
other algorithms.

Maybe you mean something specific by logical learning that can't be
supported by this kind of algorithm imitation?

--
Vladimir Nesov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]