--- Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Um.  Neither side is arguing that the whole KB fit into RAM.  I'm arguing
> that the necessary *core* for intelligence plus enough "cached chunks" (as
> you phrase it) to support the current thought processes WILL fit into RAM.
> It's obviously ludicrous that all the world's knowledge is going to fit into
> RAM at one time.

What is your estimate of the quantity of all the world's knowledge?  (Or the
amount needed to achieve AGI or some specific goal?)

Google probably keeps a copy of the searchable part of the internet in about 1
PB of RAM, but this isn't AGI yet.  I suppose an internet-wide distributed
system could cache about 1 EB (10^18 bytes).

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]