Matt said:

General intelligences are going to have to compete with organizations of
specialized systems, each of which is optimized for a narrow task.

Interesting observation.  I envision Texai as a multitude of specialized agents
arranged in hierarchical control system, and acting in concert.  One good way
to provide mentors for such agents is to apply Texai to human organizations
such that each human member has one or more Texai agents as proxies for the
various roles the human fills in the organization.  Therefore, an AGI according
to my design will not compete with organizations of specialized systems, but
because it will be such an (artificial) organization itself, and presumably
beneficial, it follows that it will be embraced by, and extend, human
organizations.

 Moore's Law doesn't apply to software and training.

This is an observation bias because we do not yet have the opportunity to
witness an AGI compose software, or witness an AGI being taught.   I plan for
Texai to compose software, once it is taught that skill.  Generally I think an
aspect of intelligence is the ability to comprehend and to employ new
knowledge, i.e. smarter agents are easier to train.    An evolving AGI may be
exponentially easier to train (I hope).

-Steve

Stephen L. Reed

Artificial Intelligence Researcher