Vladimir Nesov wrote:
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 2:07 AM, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 I do not laugh at your misunderstanding, I laugh at the general
complacency;  the attitude that a problem denied is a problem solved.  I
laugh at the tragicomedic waste of effort.

How confident are you that this only-complex-AI limitation applies in
reality? How much would you bet on it? I'm not convinced, and I think
that if you are convinced too much, you made wrong conclusions from
your data, unless you communicated too little of what formed your
intuition.

I am completely sure that it applies (although your phrasing makes me wonder if you have interpreted my exact worry accurately... I will have to come back to that).

I am confident becasue of this. I have been trying to understand the relationship between theoretical models of thought (both natural and artificial) since at least 1980, and one thing I have noticed is that people devise theoretical structures that are based on the assumption that intelligence is not complex .... but then they use these structures in such a way that the resulting system is almost always complex.

Richard Loosemore