>> Any thoughts?

My first thought is that you put way too much in a single post . . . .

>> The process that we call "thinking" is VERY different in various people.

Or even markedly different from one occasion to the next in the same person.  I
am subject to a *very*strong Seasonal Affective Disorder effect (call it
seasonal-cycle manic-depression though not quite that extreme).  After many
years, I recognize that I think *entirely* differently in the summer as opposed
to the middle of winter.

>> Once they adopted an erroneous model and "stored" some information based on
>> it, they were stuck with it and its failures for the remainder of their
>> lives.

While true in many (and possibly the majority of cases), this is nowhere near
universally true.  This is like saying that you can't unlearn old, bad habits.

>> Superstitious learning is absolutely and theoretically unavoidable.

No.  You are conflating multiple things here.  Yes, we always start learning by
combination -- but then we use science to weed things out.  The problem is --
most people aren't good scientists or cleaners.

>> Certainly, no one has suggested ANY reason to believe that the great
>> ultimate AGI of the long distant future will be immune to it.

I believe that, with the ability to have it's beliefs transparent and open to
inspection by itself and others, the great ultimate AGI of the near future will
be able to perform scientific clean-up *much* better than you can possibly
imagine.

        Mark