On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Dr. Matthias Heger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In my opinion you can apply Gödel's theorem to prove that 100% AGI is not
>  possible in this world
>  if you apply it not to a hypothetical machine or human being but to the
>  whole universe which can be assumed to be a closed system.

Please consult the works of Marcus Hutter (Universal AI) and Juergen Schmidhuber
(Godel Machine).   These thoughts are not new.

Yes, truly general AI is only possible in the case of infinite
processing power, which is
likely not physically realizable.   How much generality can be
achieved with how much
processing power, is not yet known -- math hasn't advanced that far yet.

Humans are not totally general, yet are much more general than any of
the AI systems
yet built....

-- Ben G