So many overloads - pattern, complexity, atoms - can't we come up with new
terms like schfinkledorfs? - but a very interesting question is - given an
image of W x H pixels of 1 bit depth (on or off), one frame, how many
"patterns" exist within this grid?  When you think about it, it becomes an
extremely difficult question to answer because within a static image you can
have dupes, different sizes, dimensions, distortions, compressions,
expansions, combo's... it's crazy. BUT, there is a pattern to the patterns -
there's a mathematical description of them.

John