On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Derek Zahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Rose writes:
>
>> So I feel that much of our brain mass is there due to the natural richness
>> of nature, and there may be quite a bit of overkill compared to what would
>> be needed in software AGI.
>
> Are we satisfied building AGIs that cannot cope with the actual world
> because it is too rich?
>
> Personally I think that without the "natural richness of nature", our
> intelligence would never develop.  We climb those levels of richness like a
> rock face.

I think sterile texture of "artificial" environments hides the
richness of their structure from our intuition, since we already have
it imprinted by experience with the real world. Anything less than
capable of dealing with the real world won't understand "cleaned up"
environments also.

--
Vladimir Nesov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]