in a featureless box, with an Ethernet cable going in that is.

From: Derek Zahn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

John Rose:

> Which actual world, a natural or manmade?

Both, at least up to the present day.  In my opinion (though I know from
your previous post that you don't agree), I don't see a huge difference in
the environmental complexity of the land on which New York City sits now vs
1000 years ago.  I did not grow up, nor do I live, in a mostly featureless
box.

I do agree with your more general point that SOME of the brain's
functionality does not have to be duplicated in silicon to achieve AGI.
Whether it is a significant fraction, and whether it would need to be
replaced with some other functionality, seems like a hard question to me.