John G. Rose wrote:
From: j.k. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: j.k. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On 06/01/2008 03:42 PM, John G. Rose wrote:

A rock is conscious.

Okay, I'll bite. How are rocks conscious under Josh's definition or
any
other non-LSD-tripping-or-batshit-crazy definition?

The way you phrase your question indicates your knuckle-dragging
predisposition making it difficult to responsibly expend an effort in
attempt to satisfy your - piqued inquisitive biting action.
Yes, my tone was overly harsh, and I apologize for that. It was more
indicative of my frustration with the common practice on this list of
spouting nonsense like "rocks are conscious" *without explaining what is
meant* by such an ostensibly ludicrous statement or *giving any kind of
a justification whatsoever*. This sort of intellectual sloppiness
seriously lowers the quality of the list and makes it difficult to find
the occasionally really insightful content.

A rock is either conscious or not conscious. Is it less intellectually sloppy
to declare it not conscious?

John