Ben wrote:

I think that AGI, right now, could also be analyzed as having four
main approaches

1-- logic-based ... including a host of different logic formalisms

2-- neural net/ brain simulation based ... including some biologically
quasi-realistic systems and some systems that are more formal and
abstract

3-- integrative ... which itself is a very broad category with a lot
of heterogeneity ... including e.g. systems composed of wholly
distinct black boxes versus systems that have intricate real-time
feedbacks between different components' innards

4-- miscellaneous ... evolutionary learning, etc. etc.

It's hardly a herd, it's more of a chaos ;-p

-- Ben

I think you have to include complexity.  Although complexity problems can be /
should be seen as an issue relevant to all AGI paradigms, the significance of
the problem makes it a primary concern to me.  I would say that I am interested
in the problems of complexity and integration of concepts.
Jim Bromer