AGI list,

What I see in most of these e-mail list discussions is people with very
diversified backgrounds, cultures, ideas, failing to understand each other.
What people should remember is that e-mail is not even close to a complete
communication medium. By its definition, you are going to miss out a lot of
information the other person wants to convey. So when something seems
offensive or unclear to you, ask for clarification, rather than starting a
bullfight. Really, you are wasting your time, but also the time of the
people who have to go through your e-mails in order to get to the useful
points. I know it is much easier to call someone names rather than trying to
at least have an idea of what they are saying, but really, I don't need to
sign onto an AGI list to see those sorts of things.

Valentina