On 8/31/08, Steve Richfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  "Protective" mechanisms to restrict their thinking and action will only
> make things WORSE.

Vlad, this was my point in the control e-mail, I didn't express it quite as
clearly, partly because coming from a different background I use a slightly
different language.

Also, Steve made another good point here: loads of people at any moment do
whatever they can to block the advancement and progress of human beings as
it is now. How will *those* people react to a progress as advanced as AGI?
That's why I keep stressing the social factor in intelligence as very
important part to consider.