I found the paper.

As I guessed, their update operator is defined on the whole
probability distribution function, rather than on a single probability
value of an event. I don't think it is practical for AGI --- we cannot
afford the time to re-evaluate every belief on each piece of new
evidence. Also, I haven't seen a convincing argument on why an
intelligent system should follow the ME Principle.

Also this paper doesn't directly solve my example, because it doesn't
use second-order probability.

Pei