So here is another step toward AGI, a hard image classification problem solved
with near human-level ability, and all I hear is criticism. Sheesh! I hope your
own work is not attacked like this.

I would understand if the researchers had proposed something stupid like using
the software in court to distinguish adult and child pornography. Please try to
distinguish between the research and the commentary by the reporters. A
legitimate application could be estimating the average age plus or minus 2
months of a group of 1000 shoppers in a marketing study.

In any case, machine surveillance is here to stay. Get used to it.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]