To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [agi] constructivist issues

Ben,

Thanks, that writeup did help me understand your viewpoint. However, I
don't completely unserstand/agree with the argument (one of the two,
not both!). My comments to that effect are posted on your blog.

About the earlier question...

(Mark) So Ben, how would you answer Abram's question "So my question
is, do you interpret this as meaning "Numbers are not well-defined and
can never be" (constructivist), or do you interpret this as "It is
impossible to pack all true information about numbers into an axiom
system" (classical)?"
(Ben) "well-defined" is not well-defined in my view...

To rephrase. Do you think there is a truth of the matter concerning
formally undecidable statements about numbers?

--Abram