> Sorry to be negative, but no, my proposal is not in any way a modernization
> of Peirce's metaphysical analysis of awareness.

Could you elaborate the difference?  It seems very similar to me.   You're
saying that consciousness has to do with the bottoming-out of mental
hierarchies in raw percepts that are unanalyzable by the mind ... and
Peirce's Firsts are precisely raw percepts that are unanalyzable by the
mind...

***
The standard meaning of Hard Problem issues was described very well by
Chalmers, and I am addressing the hard problem of concsciousness, not the
other problems.
***

Hmmm....  I don't really understand why you think your argument is a
solution to the hard problem....  It seems like you explicitly acknowledge
in your paper that it's *not*, actually....  It's more like a philosophical
argument as to why the hard problem is unsolvable, IMO.

ben g