2008/12/26 Matt Mahoney <matmaho...@yahoo.com>:
> I have updated my universal intelligence test with benchmarks on about 100
> compression programs.

Humans aren't particularly good at compressing data. Does this mean
humans aren't intelligent, or is it a poor definition of intelligence?

> Although my goal was to sample a Solomonoff distribution to measure universal
> intelligence (as defined by Hutter and Legg),

If I define intelligence as the ability to catch mice, does that mean
my cat is more intelligent than most humans?

More to the point, I don't understand the point of defining
intelligence this way. Care to enlighten me?

--
Philip Hunt, <cabala...@googlemail.com>