Ian,

Although most people see natural language as one of the most important parts
of AGI, if you think about it carefully, you'll realize that solving natural
language could be done with sufficient knowledge of the world and sufficient
ability to learn this knowledge automatically. That's why i don't consider
natural language a problem we can focus on until we solve the knowledge
problem... which is what I'm focusing on.

Dave