On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Ed Murphy wrote:
> ============================  Appeal 2303a  ============================
> Panelist:                               Goethe
> Panelist:                               ais523
> Panelist:                               BobTHJ

I intend to send the following message on behalf of this panel, with the
support of (ais523 && BobTHJ) or ((ais523 || BobTHJ) && Murphy):

One panelist (Goethe) notes that we have successfully used delimiters
to reasonably unambiguously refer to "" and know who was meant; however
this disagrees with another panelist (BobTHJ's) appellant arguments so
we merely REMAND for further pondering, perhaps for the judge to take a
poll on how many find it confusing, or perhaps to decide, as the right
to choose one's own nickname is tradition and not rule, that the true
nickname includes the delimiters.  However, it's important to note
that the Appellant's comments about the Patent Title "" may not be an
argument worth making, as the patent title in question is not itself
defined in the rules.

-Goethe