On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Aaron Goldfein wrote:
>> Because I'm the Crown Prince... I pay a fee to move the player immediately
>> above me on the list of succession down one place on the list of succession.
>> This fee should be 0.
>
> Er, actually, the rebellion question makes Yally's position uncertain.
> I CFJ on the following statement, barring Yally:
>
> If Yally was not the Crown Prince at the time e made the announcement
> quoted in Evidence, eir attempted action did not occur.
>
> Arguments:
> Is the "Because..." clause a conditional, or not?
>
> Evidence:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Aaron Goldfein wrote:
>> Because I'm the Crown Prince... I pay a fee to move the player
>> immediately above me on the list of succession down one place on
>> the list of succession.  This fee should be 0.

Gratuitous arguments: The judge should consider whether "This fee
should be 0." affects the required announcement that there is a fee in
the case where Yally was not the Crown Prince.  My reading is that
this wording makes it more likely that the move succeeded regardless
of eir initial position; had e intended to move the player above em
iff the fee was 0, e could have made the move by announcement or
specified that e was definitely playing a fee of 0, rather than
speculating that the fee "should be" 0.