On 09/06/17 19:05, Cuddle Beam wrote:
> >From a speech act theory standpoint, any speech act already encodes
> conditionals (that the preconditions match, that the way I invoke it
> performs it, that others recognizes the previous two points, that
> everyone assumes genuine intent). Allowing more conditionals to be
> included is a natural extension.
>
> I doubt enough people will be familiar with speech act theory to
> conclude from that that we can do conditional actions here on Agora.

The idea of linguistics, and all other social sciences, is that they
describe things people naturally do. You don't need to learn the theory
to use speech acts.

> >Your conditional doesn't meet it's own requirements. This
> arguably requires me to look through all CFJs, to make sure the
> doctrine hasn't been overturned
>
> lol, yes! That proves my point!
>
> With that, how is anyone supposed to know that it hasn't been
> overturned or not in order to know that we can even do it in the first
> place without that dredging? We're using conditionals without even
> knowing if we can actually do them or not! If they were in rules, it
> would be much more clear.
>
> >For someone concerned about implicit rules, you don't show much regard
> for explicit ones.
>
> I've mentioned before that its less punishing for me to whacked with a
> correction with what I've missed than to dredge through everything to
> see if just in case I've missed something.

Since you lack either empathy or theory of mind and only react to
personal damages:

I pledge to vote AGAINST on all proposals created or pended by Cuddle Beam.

I pledge to Object to all intentions by Cuddle Beam that I can object to.

I pledge to not acknowledge any messages Cuddle Beam sends to a-d, or to
respond in a-d to anything CB does.

I pledge to give a trust token and 5 shinies (as soon as possible) to
any other player who also performs the above three pledges, except
Cuddle Beam.