On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 6:16 PM Sarah S. via agora-business <
agora-business@agoranomic.org> wrote:

> I CFJ: It costs 2 hooves to get a jersey for a horse and add a horse to
> that horse's pull.
>
> Evidence: R2672 states in relevant part "Each player CAN take one of the
> following actions (weekly race
> actions) if e has not already taken one this week...* get a jersey for a
> specified horse by paying 1 hoof, also specifying a horse which is thereby
> added to that horse's pull by paying 1 hoof." Clearly in my view you have
> to pay 1 hoof to add a horse and 1 hoof to get a jersey, as the fee appears
> twice. But you have to take the action all together because this all
> appears under one dot point, which is intended to be one action (for the
> purposes of the horse rule). So you have to pay 2 hooves total.

I respond to the CoE on the latest Horsened report, citing this CFJ.

Arguments for FALSE:

Rule 2579 (Fee-based Actions) states

If the Rules associate payment of a set of assets (hereafter the
      fee for the action; syns: cost, price, charge) with performing an
      action, that method for performing that action is a fee-based
      method.

I believe it is clear enough that the action being taken is a singular one,
with only one "associated set of assets" which just happens to be repeated.
Therefore paying one fee is enough to satisfy both instances, because all
of the requirements to perform the action are met:

To use a fee-based method, an entity (the Actor) who is otherwise
      permitted to perform the action must announce that e is performing
      the action; the announcement must specify the correct set of
      assets for the fee and indicate intent to pay that fee for the
      sole purpose of using that method to perform that action.

The correct set of assets for the fee would be "1 hoof" as it is written in
the rules, "2 hooves" isn't written anywhere so it wouldn't make much sense
for it to be an "associated set of assets". Perhaps it would make sense if
it was two separate fee payments of 1 hoof, that each needed to be
specified separately, but the rules don't specify the two descriptions of
the fee as being 2 separate fees to be paid.
--
snail
  • BUS: @Arbitor CFJ Sarah S. via agora-business