OscarMeyr wrote:

As I understand R1789, the CotC commands the deregistration as part of posting the WoF; the command is not directed AT the Registrar. Only the order to note the method of deregistration is directed at the Registrar.

Correct, but CFJ 1594 hinges on the argument that this is enough to
disqualify the message from being a WoF.

Under my reading, Goethe was still a player while CFJ 1594 was being judged; the WoF wasn't posted until after the judgment was submitted and published.

The order of events was as follows:

1) I assigned CFJ 1594 to Goethe.  Goethe was definitely still a player
   at this point, because no purported WoF had been published yet.

2) I published the purported WoF and reassignment.  This split the
   gamestate into two possible interpretations:

     1594F - 1594 false, Goethe deregistered, Sherlock assigned
     1594T - 1594 true, Goethe not deregistered, Goethe still assigned

3) Goethe published eir purported Judgement of FALSE.  This was
   effective only in 1594T, and paradoxed it.

4) Sherlock published eir purported Judgement of TRUE.  This was
   effective only in 1594F, and paradoxed it.

I am therefore holding off on awarding a Win By Paradox to Murphy until this situation is resolved.

Speaker Sherlock awards it, you just record that e's done so.